The British Islands consists of Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Anegada, Jost Van Dyke, over 50 smaller islands and cays.
Why visit BVI's?
A favorite destination for sailors, scuba divers, snorkelers, and luxury upscale resort lovers. Also, a known hideaway of the unpretentious rich and famous!
- Coolest Season: January - March, and December
- Humid & Hottest: August - September
- Peak Season: December - April
- Shoulder Season: November and June
Hurricane Season is June - November.
- In 1493, Christopher Columbus was the first European visitor to the cluster of islands.
- During 1500, Spaniards from Puerto Rico mined for gold however only found copper.
- During 1700-1800, sugar and cotton plantations were the primary economics of Tortola.
- In 1840, St. Phillips Church is said to be the first church built for freed African slaves in the Western Hemisphere (Tortola).
- In 1867, the Rhone shipwrecked near Salt Island, southeast to Tortola.
- In 1968, Beef Island Airport (Tortola) sparked their tourism economy.
- In 1960, Laurence Rockefeller established a resort on Little Dix Bay (Virgin Gorda) to rebirth tourism.
- In 2001, Tortola installed its first traffic light.
- Anegada is different from all the other islands, as it's flat composed of limestone and coral.
- Tortola has been an International Financial Center since 1984 with half a million registered businesses on the island.
- Tortola offers the most accommodations of all the BVI's.
- Necker Island, the private home of Richard Branson is available for complete rental, sports vacations, and weddings. Accommodates approximately 30 adults and a bunkhouse for six children. All-Inclusive: activities, beverages, and food.
- Many yacht charter companies forbid Clients to sail Anegada in fear of running aground due to shallow reefs.
- The book, Treasure Island was written by Robert Louis Stevenson is said to be inspired by private caves on Norman Island.
- In 2007, Google Co-founder, Larry Page married Lucy Southworth on Necker Island (privately owned by Richard Branson) and rented all of Virgin Gorda for their wedding guests.
Good to Know
- Sailing Schools can be found on Tortola and Virgin Gorda.
- Movies that may inspire your visit: Virgin Island (1995) and BVI's (2103).
Why visit Tortola "Turtle Dove"?
Known for beautiful beaches, coral snorkeling, lush mountains, relaxation, and seclusion.
Your Must-See & Do
- Historical Sites: Callwood Distillery, Fort Burt, Fort Recovery and The Church at Kingstown.
- Museums: Centre for the Applied Marine Studies, HM Prison Museum, Lower Estate Sugar Works Museum, North Shore Shell Museum, Old Government House, The North Shore Shell Museum, Virgin Islands Folk Museum and Virgin Islands Maritime Museum.
- Popular Attractions: Cane Garden Bay, Josiah's Bay Plantation, J.R. O'Neal Botanic Gardens, Long Bay, Mount Healthy National Park , Prospect Reef, Roadtown, Road Town, Royal Mail Steamer (RMS), Sage Mountain National Park, Shark Bay, Soldier's Hill, Sopers Hole, The Dungeon, Trellis Bay and William Thornton Estate.
British Virgin Islands (BVI). Photo Credit: neufal54/Pixabay
Why visit Virgin Gorda "Fat Virgin"?
Known for white sand beaches, historical ruins, natural geologic formations, pristine water, and snorkeling.
Your Must-See & Do
- Popular Attractions: Copper Mine, Coppermine Point, Little Fort National Park, Oil Nut Bay, Prickly Pear Island, Spanish Town, The Baths, & Virgin Gorda National Park
Tortola, British Virgin Islands (BVI). Photo Credit: neufal54/Pixabay
Why visit Anegada "Drowned Land"?
Known for beaches, premier bone fishing, clear springs bubbling, coral reefs, history, relaxation, sport fishing, seclusion, snorkeling, and wildlife.
Your Must-See & Do
- Popular Attractions: Bones Bight, Cow Wreck Bay, Flamingo Pond, Flash of Beauty, Loblolly Bay, & Windlass Bight.
Why visit Jost Van Dyke "Little Jost"?
Popular bars, beach combing, bird sanctuary, dolphins, snorkeling, whale watching, and yacht anchorages.
Your Must-See & Do
- Popular Attractions: Bubbly Pool, Diamond Cay, Diamond Cay National Park, Great Harbour, Great Tobago Island and White Bay.
Photo Credit: patteybleecker/Pixabay
My industry designation earned as a Caribbean Specialist combined with our local connections with Cruise Lines, Tour Operators, Hotels, Resorts, Airlines, Villa Rental Companies, Adventure Travel providers and Limo companies will offer you Exclusive Benefits that you won't be able to achieve on your own. Such as: Complimentary Breakfast for Two Daily, Dining or Resort Credit, Spa Treatment, Airport Transfer, or other privileges. Even Room Upgrades, Early Check-In and Late Check-Out when available.
Ready to embark on custom and personalized services, your journey begins with Louvet Travel? Your one stop source: Accommodations I Air I Car Rentals I Cruises I Disney I Excursions I Tours I Transfers I Travel Insurance I Villa Rentals
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Subject to change without notice.
The information which you have provided is very good and essential for everyone. Keep sharing this kind of information. Thank you. british virgin islands holiday dealsReplyDelete
Exact info, This information will always help everyone for gaining knowledge. So please always share your valuable information. I am very thankful to you for providing good information. Thanks once again for sharing it. snorkeling In punta canaReplyDelete
Your information is really amazing. Definitely those things are very useful for us. I'm impressed with your article things to do in Denver. Please share more information with us.ReplyDelete
This is excellent information which is shared by you. This information is meaningful and magnificent for us to increase our knowledge about it. Keep sharing this kind of information. Thank you. Read more info about disney paris new yearReplyDelete
I just need to say this is a well-informed article which you have shared here about hoodies. It is an engaging and gainful article for us. Continue imparting this sort of info, Thanks to you. brand reputation managementReplyDelete
A very delightful article that you have shared here.fantastic ski coaching in Saint martin de Belleville Your blog is a valuable and engaging article for us, and also I will share it with my companions who need this info. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.ReplyDelete
You have shared a lot of information in this article. I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who contributed to this useful article. Keep posting. Expedition Travellers Bolivia Photography TourReplyDelete
I generally check this kind of article and I found your article which is related to my interest.Andaman Family Tour Packages Genuinely it is good and instructive information. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.ReplyDelete
As consumers one of the things we tend to be most afraid of is being overcharged. This type of scam is exactly what has been uncovered in New York City. Everyone knows how congested New York is and how the city relies on its taxis. Find out how these drivers really took tourist for a ride. Airport Taxis WeybridgeReplyDelete
buy twitch followers Internet is filled with hundreds and hundreds of free games, played by people from all parts of the world. Regardless of their age or occupation, all of them enjoy the multitude of online games present on the internet that become a passion for them should they spend a large amount of time playing them.ReplyDelete
In order to choose which the first is the correct one to select, its smart to pay out a while researching your various options by seeing what competing providers offer you. Hvar IslandReplyDelete
There's even a great need for transport to your place. Once people have reached Magaluf from the nearby places using various modes of transport including cars, trains, buses and flights, additionally, they need local transport. https://www.magalufevents.com/ReplyDelete
https://www.buyyoutubesubscribers.in/2021/12/20/how-many-views-on-youtube-to-make-money/ How to record your YouTube videos. Learn 2 ways that you can do it easily with.ReplyDelete
https://www.visualaidscentre.com/lasik-eye-surgery-in-delhi/ YouTube is the most popular video site in the world but before you publish any video inside YouTube you must understand what all rules you must follow. So in this article you will get some most important info about YouTube stipulations.ReplyDelete
I'm extremely inspired along with your writing skills as neatly as with the format in your blog. Is that a paid subject or did you customize it yourself? Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to look at a great blog like this one today.. Round Bathroom MirrorsReplyDelete